Simple Geospatial Solutions is pleased to announce the release of SGS Prime COGO Version 1.4.1. This is a free update for Version 1.x licenses.
- Added the Coordinate Converter feature including:
- Coordinate System settings; these settings are stored with each project. Many pre-defined coordinate system area included with this release, additional coordinate system can be added on request. Custom coordinate systems can be created with multiple projection types.
- Export KML Points, with support for transformations during export.
- Convert a position between grid coordinates / geodetic coordinates / cartesian coordinates. Point scale factor and convergence angle are calculated.
- Convert from one grid projection to another. Support for 3 and 7 Parameter transformations is included, which can be applied as a dual step transformation (via WGS84) or a single step (direct) transformation. Convert a single position or the entire point database.
- Convert between grid and ground coordinates by entering the required parameters. Convert a single position or the entire point database.
- Added the Ellipsoid Calculations feature. DIRECT and INVERSE Computations are implemented using Vincenty's equations. Position input for both types of calculations can be grid coordinates (N,E,h), geodetic coordinates (Φ,λ,h), cartesian coordinates (x,y,z), or grid coordinates from a point in the database.
Improvements / Changes
- Created multi-page input forms to improve user interface for Point Traverse 2D, Inverse Points, Inverse Curve, Closures (add segments), and Export Points.
- Added option to display coordinates as Southing, Westing or Westing, Southing, applicable to regions using south-oriented coordinate systems.
- Added ability to keep original point descriptions when adjusting points (e.g. Scale, Shift, Rotate, etc.).
- Helmert Transformation parameters are stored for re-use.
- HTML Closure reports now include a screen capture of the closure plot.
Visit https://sgss.ca/hpprime.html for more information about SGS Prime COGO.